What we cover
Your products are covered under our warranty for 365 days from the date of purchase for the following:
- Material defects: This includes rips, tears, seams coming undone, or faulty zippers and buttons that are not due to normal wear and tear or improper care.
- Manufacturing defects: This covers issues like inconsistent stitching, defective dyeing, or fading beyond typical wear and tear.
What's not covered
- Normal wear and tear: Expect your gear to show signs of use over time. Fading, pilling, and minor abrasions are considered normal wear and tear and are not covered by the warranty.
- Incorrect care: Using the wrong detergent, washing at high temperatures, or drying improperly can damage your clothes. Please follow the garment care instructions to keep your Livelihood apparel in top condition.
- Accidents and misuse: Accidental rips, tears, or stains caused by activities like climbing, scrambling, or contact with sharp objects are not covered. Please use your Livelihood gear responsibly and within its intended purpose.
- Purchased Elsewhere: We can't extend our warranty for items purchased at third-party retailers and marketplaces. Livelihood products purchased from other stores fall under their warranty and return and exchange policy.
How to make a claim
- Check whether your purchase is still within the warranty limit (365 days from purchase) and whether or not it's covered.
- Complete the form below within 30 days of discovering the defect.
- Provide a detailed description of the issue and photos of the damaged item to our team via email.
- Our team will review your claim and determine if it qualifies for warranty coverage.
- If your claim is approved, we will repair or replace the item at our discretion.